Using Lumu Power can help you in various ways.
When using ambient exposure metering:
- You can use exposure metering to have your photographs or video footage overall properly exposed.
- With measuring exposure difference between your desired subject and the background (or the rest of the frame), you can control the feeling of the image: you can make it more dramatic, more soft, more friendly, etc.
- If you want to re-shoot a scene sometime later you can reconstruct it easier and without notice also with the help of previously measured and saved light values in it.
When using flash exposure metering:
- Control the Flash vs. Ambient ratio to achieve the desired picture feeling.
When using Color Temperature metering:
- You can simply measure Color Temperature of the ambient light and use the measurement in your camera to get the most neutral White Balance.
- Color Temperature will help you nail correct Green/Magenta compensations better than your eyes.
- You can use it to measure color difference between different light sources and match their color by using color filters such as http://us.rosco.com/en/products/family/filters-and-diffusions and http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/colour-list.html
Check this article we prepared to show the accuracy and real life examples of using Lumu Power for Color Temperature measurements: https://support.lu.mu/hc/en-us/articles/115004257809-Color-Temperature-real-life-measurements-accuracy-and-comparisons